Friday, August 11, 2006

I dread...

It wasn't long ago when I would like something or take to something immensely, it would be extolled, by my own admission, to the point of absurdity... If I liked something it wouldn't be too late before that liking translated into that something being the the ...est in its category. Well its coming down now. I better brace myself to it; my idols are shattering. Nothing or no one is as they seem. It appears as all that I saw was a response to that moment or those set of circumstances and well, it continues... the highest, the BEST, the worst, the fastest, the most, the slowest, the darkest, the costliest and such superlatives do not seem to make sense to me any longer...thankfully comparitive never existed in my life, for I consider it a sin comparing two unique creations of that man with the blue umbrella... while I would enjoy it while it lasts, i had better be prudent to realise the futility in expecting it to last longer...to borrow a cliche, "change is the only permanent thing"...
I know I also run the risk of not looking upto anyone or idolise , adore any great creation in times to come... so till I pick up my next God or idol, things shall occur to me only in positive...

3 comments:

A G said...

hmmm....

Perennial Oxymoron said...

couldnt sound better than that

SSK said...

Eek! What on earth happened this day that you ended up so disillusioned with life?