Friday, February 16, 2007

B or not to B

I have my own reservations about Amitabh Bachchan running for the post of the highest and the most majestic seat of the Republic of India... The President


This is not to insult AB and his body of work which has been amazing so far, but in a race where there is room for "relative", Mr.Bachchan please back off. and by no means do I intend to disparage the field he comes from, as is the usual temptation.

I might be jumping the gun and for all you and I know he himself wouldn't have given a serious thought to this.

If diplomatic skills, vast experience at the international level mean anything and are deemed prerequisites for the post, then my candidate is Shashi Tharoor

I am sure the fact that Shashi Tharoor was a contender for the post of the UN secretary general and that he waxes eloquent about a multitude of topics should do him no bad.

No comments: