Thursday, July 26, 2007

madras

I have been to this place quite a few times, but never spent time long enough to consume it in its full splendour, all the negative talk notwithstanding.

There's something about the place that arrests someone like me, an on and off kind of a visitor. Is it the familiarity, and the similarity to my place? Is it the rich arresting dose of culture and tradition waiting to be acknowledged? Is it the history locked up in time, outwardly stuck in a time warp with its mothballed ideologies to some waiting to embrace modernity as and when it can? Is the glitz, is it the grandeur... is it the people?

is it a je ne sais quoi?

Is it much much more about a place which has acted as the ground of my thought process subconsciously? Only I could explain that.

If devil-may-care-attitude is anything to go by, I love madras...

If colors, chaos, rhythm in a paradoxically arhythmic place are anything to go by,

I like the madness of madras

No comments: