Thursday, November 01, 2007

Idling away to glory

I consider them the most unpretentious, straightforward, WYSIWYG, simple, innocuous culinary pieces devised by man. Okay! the oriental, and the southern species at that. I am notorious for having them at any time of the day, any number of times, in forms best not described, and textures best left untouched. I had almost reconciled to the fact I would be not be laying my hands on these marvels for a long long time to come courtesy my relocation, a short imminent trip back home notwithstanding. Yes, there have been many a discussion across tables over dinners, brunches about how the Americans could be introduced to these girth friendly wonders. About how these don't leave a hole in the essentially deep pockets out here when made in bulk. About how these transcend without a trace of trans. About how just about any accompaniments go well with these, not eclipsing the core taste at all.

I opine, and not many agree that these taste the same when cold, as when they are hot. That's an eccentric point I have always wanted to drive home. There were days, the Vellore Chapter, when the gap between Sunday nights and Monday mornings seemed extremely torturous. My pals didn't concur. Did I care? Thankfully it's history. Nothing comes between me and my white discs of joy. Many a cart fellow in Bangalore, and Hyderabad would have felt grateful to me for making their mornings. So thanks to the wonderful couple, Bhargavi and Murali for making my day today.

2 comments:

Naveen said...

Now i know the secret of your white disks and the reddish brown spicy cream which made your day. More are waiting to cheer your gastric thirst when you shall be here.

You plan to let american bhaiyyas and bhabhis , babais and pinnis taste those?. Then Idleyanas/Idlerolas wont be far away.

Santosh Kumar T K said...

@ n

my title says it all


@naveen

words don't even do justice to what I felt today.


T K