Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kabhi Kabhi

I have written reviews for movies and I picture myself doing the same for soundtracks, but going ga ga over a single piece is a first. A.R.Rahman's tracks take time to warm up to and that is a known. So it came as a surprise that one of his latest offerings needed no time to get hooked to. It is such a relief to see him get out of period, patriotic, issue based stuff which of course he has been doing for a while with much panache in a way only he can, and get into contemporary fare. At least I have looked forward to him doing that, and what a track! I haven't ventured into listening to the rest of the album and I blame it on this gem of piece from Jaane Ya tu Jaane Na. Part jinglish, part fun, the first two lines from Abbas Tyrewala are magic and Rashid Ali's vocals on Kabhi Kabhi Aditi Zindagi seem so lissome.

awesome






No comments: