Sunday, April 12, 2009

e N T R a p p e d ??

Of late I have been catching up on some political developments in Andhra Pradesh. Whether the party in power has a direct influence on me or not, it has interested me for long. But make no mistake they can be more engaging than your regular Friday matinee. I never believe in the political hearsay, or hearsay in general by principle. But somewhere I also believe in there being no smoke without a fire. Anyway I have never respected or admired Chandrababu Naidu only from what I have seen or read about him. He has always carried the tag of being a manipulator, a veritable Chanakya of modern day political scenario.

Again though I have never had to say anything big about Jr. NTR ( Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao), I admire the brat's guts, his readiness at such a tender age, his ability to make his age defying high-voltage histrionics very believable. As a guilt pleasure, oh I have many, I have always followed his interviews. Make for nice read, listen.

But when I saw this young chap's face smeared in blood courtesy an accident while returning from a political campaign all in service of C'babu Naidu, I really felt bad. After all he is a kiddo. There has always been this perception/opinion that Jr. NTR was/is never considered a part of the prestigious Nandamuri family, and that he has always made efforts to get closer only in vain. Also, it is said that Naidu would "dump" the kid once he has pulped his popularity, his charisma, his pull among the masses on the basis of region, and caste. Whether the Nostradamuses of Andhra are true or not, I really don't care, I want the kid to get back to medical normalcy, and return to be doing what he does best.

Add to my guilt pleasure, my little happiness and as they say, be a total paisa vasool.

No comments: