Wednesday, August 24, 2011

quite naturally

Every time I am confused in life, I ask myself. At least of late.

Should I take man's way, as are we expected to naturally?

Should I ignore it altogether, and respect nature's way?

Nature's way is my ultimate compass in life, and it supersedes man's way. I'm trying real hard to get there. This will only help me maintain my sanity, and move along. It is painstakingly difficult, and I acknowledge that.

The more order we've tried to create to help ourselves, we've only introduced chaos in the process. When I am in the middle of all the mess created by man's various institutions, I look for an escape. I look to nature. If all's fine on that front, all's well in my life.

Owing to democratic thought, and subjectivity, there cannot be one guiding principle in our lives from man's way standpoint. Most of the times, that is nice. But in nature's way, there's no room for interpretation. No suiting to our tastes, no hypocritical twisting to our conveniences. There's only one truth. Almost dictatorial, and autocratic. It makes perfect sense to me.


I have erred and could very well err on man's way. I am not as scared as I'll be when I goof up on nature's order.

I will be fooling myself if I claim to be working on striking a balance. The scale tilts, and it's quite obvious.


I am in no way belittling man's way for what man has done over thousands of years is overwhelming beyond compare. But it's overwhelming only in face of the opposition or traction offered by nature. Nature has time and again shown us how to shut the fuck up. We would do really well to respect that, and adjust our priorities.

No comments: