Friday, June 01, 2007

my barber makes the cut

I don't have to look beyond my barber for a good movie critic. The Khaled Mohammeds, Deepa Gahlots, Rajeev Masands of the other world, well, seem to be from the other world.

"movie katthi saab"

"100 days compulsorry"

"first half full comedy, second half light"

"ek baar dekh sakhthe"

"aise film kaun dekhtha aaj kal... director bana leke khud dekh lena apne preview theatre mein"

"first song mast hai... baaki sunte sunte achha lag saktha"

"rahman story finish, ek kabki Roja hit diya... aaj kal dera kya Roja jaisa music... Himesh ko dekho, ek ke baad ek, ek ke baad ek"

My barber seems to voice the opinion of many, rendering whatever I opine immaterial.

Well going by his track record, my barber seems to make the cut.

Perhaps he was an editor in his past life.

...he seems to make a fine cut

No comments: