Thursday, November 05, 2009

how I derived the Paa theme music ringtone

This post might reek of "show off." Stay away if you have no stomach for it.



tools required:
  • Internet Explorer (not my choice of browser but works in this case, I am not sure of the RealPlayer add on for other browsers)
  • RealPlayer v. 11 (helps download any .flv video including the YouTube ones)
  • Switch Sound File Converter (a freeware)
  • Windows Movie Maker (ships as a default)
  • Apple iTunes (optional; for high quality AAC)
learning curve: minimal

time taken: ~3 minutes

  1. I opened the webpage on Internet Explorer.
  2. I clicked the "my videos" section. A small video started playing.
  3. On the top right hand corner of the player, a small RealPlayer feature prompted me to download this video.
  4. I downloaded the video in its .flv format.
  5. I relocated the video from the RealPlayer library to the desktop for easy access.
  6. I opened the Switch Sound File Converter, added this .flv video, and converted it to an .mp3 file
  7. I opened the Windows Movie Maker, imported the .mp3 file, dragged it to the audio timeline. It is important for the beginning of the file to coincide with the beginning of the timeline.
  8. I played the audio file, made sure what the start and the end points of my desired ringtone would be. I did not care for any dialogue part.
  9. I clipped the beginning sequence (that occurs before the start point) and the tail sequence (that occurs after the end point).
  10. I played the left over clip. This was the raw file I wanted.
  11. I dragged the clip to "zero" of the audio timeline.
  12. I published the clip as an audio file. It was saved in its default .wma format.
  13. I opened the Switch Sound File Converter, added the .wma file and converted it to a .mp3 file (230KB).
  14. I added this .mp3 file to the Apple iTunes software, and created an AAC version. The file was now saved in a .mp4 format (326KB).
  15. I transferred the .mp3 file to my cellphone via Bluetooth.

..........I had the new Paa-violins-theme music ringtone I so craved.



PS: Leave your email ID and I could mail it! I promise. Hit by a sudden bout of altruism :)



6 comments:

Vignesh said...

why dont u share it with us?

Santosh Kumar T K said...

Vignesh!

Leave your mail ID, or mail it to

santydolby "at the rate" gmail "dot" com

Anonymous said...

Hey, mail me the tune na...wanted to tell you earlier but forgot..also do you think itll be Jack or Indianised Jack?


-Reefknot

Anonymous said...

can you send music ringtone of paa on my email ID sandeep_joshi8@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

narcot [at] sify [dot] com

Thanks in advance

-b

Anonymous said...

hey buddy! thanks a bunch for this! i got what i wanted..