Tuesday, November 03, 2009

test'icular strength,

V V S Laxman has in loads for him to be mouthing these lines in this era.



It's been a long time since you've played, but can you see any circumstances where you could make a return to the Indian ODI team?

No, not at all. I'm focusing totally now on Test-match cricket, and I think the Indian team is moving forward where there are a lot of youngsters who have come up and done well in the one-day format, and that's the way to progress.




Do you see that you seem to be the exception that proves the rule at the moment, where several players have given up Test cricket to concentrate on ODI cricket, whereas you've gone the other way?
For me, representing the country is a great moment and I would give up anything to represent my country. Test-match cricket is really special to me because as a kid I always dreamt of playing for India in Test matches. I take a lot of pride in representing the country and always will do.





interview courtesy: Greg Lansdowne, Big Hitter; ESPN cricinfo
title courtesy: Naseeruddin Shah

No comments: