Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Hyderabad Hues

no sooner had I stepped out of the picturesque station, than I was besieged by an army of autowallahs...

"Lodge" asked one...

"Kahan ko jaana saab" questioned the other...

"aaoo baitho"!...

Armed with a confidence that I would get a fair deal further ahead, I marched... in despair.

Within that short walk of mine, I began to notice something... the autos were looking fat, obese and yellow!!! that was quite a departure from the prim prom counterparts of Bangalore...

was the color of an auto coloring my tastes and opinions?? had Bangalore taken over?

and within that short span of time, I wondered if I had changed... if I had started already unbelonging... One of my buddies had also the same complaint... I had no answer then...

cut to the present... I was losing my patience and an autowallah managed to convince me... the auto had moved a small distance and the conversation started..

"kahan chodna saab DSNR mein?"...

"Chaitanyapuri"

"One and half dedo saab"

"Kaiku"?

"Return khaali aana padtha saab"?

"Return khaali kaiku aathe?? bada centre hai naa... dekho! naye aaye so logon ku bolo yeh sab... chaubees saalon se jeere yahaan... yahi bade hue"


The auto dude went silent... and all I could hear was the revving Bajaj engine

WOW... I was jubilant... for a guy who becomes tongue tied at the right moment and just gives in to the demands of others to keep it going and to retain the good will, this was a surprise...


I wanted to shout out loud...


Maaki kirkiri

8 comments:

A G said...

thanku!

Anonymous said...

WOW! :)

So B'lore taking preference over Hyd?
Thot some1 said to me that the traffic in B'lore is big time bad compared to Hyd.. so assumed even the city & ppl were not as nice!

Anyhou' got a short re-cap of this movie called "Angrez" I watched few weeks back.. :) Maaki..Kirikiri!! LOL :)

~Guess who!

Santosh Kumar T K said...

naveen?

Santosh Kumar T K said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Nope!!

Clue- "When there is rightenous in heart... there is beauty in character"! :)

Santosh Kumar T K said...

sorry... give up!!

Anonymous said...

Ha. I know how difficult it is to say what you want in an argument!

Usually (atleast for me) it's only after the argument that you get all these idea for what you should have said.

Most frustrating. =)

Anonymous said...

Honestly. God Bless you for the "Naye aye so logon ku... etc) line - used it one Mr. auto Driver yesterday. The buggers quote the first figure that comes to their moouth. bah!