Tuesday, November 14, 2006

pick '06

here's my pick of the year, that has been cinematically really good so far, and he descends only in December.


Omkara
Rang De Basanti
Lage Raho Munnabhai


Rang De Basanti just swept me off my feet and went on to become a cult, a well deserved status. Take a bow Rakesh Mehra for the sheer gumption... Aks wasn't a flash in the pan...


Lage Raho Munnabhai had Raju Hirani in an amazing form, continuing from where he had left in the first installment... It just showed how a feel good fare, in the Hrishikesh Mukherjee mould, could be made without being overtly maudlin and confining syrups to medical stores... Thanks


I could talk nineteen to the dozen about Omkara and yes, I know that... and I also know I will run out of adjectives... my hero of the movie? Sorry Saif! for all your fireworks that would put the Sivakasi factories to shame, you get a consolation! It's a tie between Vishal Bhardwaj and Tassaduq Hussain... If Omkara was anything to go by, all its filial and sibling expletives notwithstanding, Vishal Bhardwaj should be one auteur to watch out for...

The magician should be smiling...

2 comments:

A G said...

Omkara my pick among these,reasons,well will specify after 25th,when rahu kaalam passes! [:D]

Anonymous said...

What about Don?
I liked that movie too..for all its glitz & glamour! :)

Of the 3 in your list.. my vote goes for - Raang De Basanti.. with no close competetion! :)

~ Guess who!