Friday, October 26, 2007

Pre Marital Status?

In about two months' time, I will have walked up the aisle. I am scared to open this chapter, many claim will decide the course of rest of my life. I believe neither in prophecies nor probability. As I often say, whatever is bound to happen shall.

I pray I am bestowed with the power to retain my self in all times to come. More than that I sincerely pray I am empowered enough to respect her as she is, and let her be. Doomsday it shall be for my self, if she were to cut down on her dignity, respect, integrity, honor for my sake. I have adored her for all the afore mentioned qualities and I have adored for what she is. If I were to be asked, life is an individual's journey first and foremost. Rest follow. I don't mean to sound Objectivist. I hope this union of ours just enables her achieve whatever she aspires for, and whatever she dreams. I hope I am the facilitator and a mere facilitator. I hope I don't take this relation for granted, and I cross my heart I have never taken any. I absolutely do not mind if I were to be used as a platform, and if it were to happen I shall take pride in that. I hope I am the usher to the avenues and she doesn't miss out on any. I hope the wonderful times and the joy we have shared are not momentary. I hope there is no pre or post to this relation. I hope the wedding is just a joyous celebration, a mere sanction to many, and for many. I hope she doesn't have to give up on anything that she claims hers. People and resources. I hope the madness continues forever, for she is like any other friend to me. I am lying. She is much more than that. Christ forbid, if things turned sour she should know she is free to move away, and she knows that. I shall love her the way I have and will continue to with no iota of ill will whatsoever. I hope I am given strength to consider her aspirations as mine, and in her success, in her happiness shall lie mine. I consider individual to be supreme, and in no circumstance shall he/she lose that individuality. But again true love is one in which one forgets oneself. I hope I happily forget myself. I don't want her to be tagged to me. I don't want my name to be her identity. Let her carve her own niche. Let it be earth shattering, or let it be ghoulishly silent. The choice is hers. If she were to forsake me during her journey, I shall happily move aside. She knows that I shall cheer on sitting thousands of miles away. On my part though I commit myself to her. I have no idea what true love means and for me the phrase is a fallacy. I hope she garners enough courage, mental strength, to live her life with her chin up. I hope she is not answerable to anyone, not even me. I hope she just doesn't remain a role player. I hope she remains true to herself. I hope she grabs every opportunity that comes knocking at her doors, and contribute to her mental, physical, and spiritual growth. I hope she lives her life with the same elan with or without me. It is perfectly okay if she cannot set an example for others. It would be great if she could set one for herself. I sincerely hope she respects life for whatever it is in the truest sense, and make nothing, just about nothing larger than life.

Inshallah...

I still don't know what true love means, but I know I love her.

4 comments:

Naveen said...

Its a new chapter yes!, where the pages need to held with care,love and respect. I know what you went through to get her into your arms.
Now you could tie the knot(s) happily and feel the presence of hers in reality.

Keep the invisible "chord" between you both in "taal" and "sur" at all times, becoz these are the only two which shall keep your "Pellipustakam" new,aromatic, and wanting for more reprints.

On Jan the 4th let the mantras,blessings,wishes keep the "spice" tingling your souls all your life..

And yes i am waiting to see that day with you.

SSK said...

She really is a lucky girl.

I wish you both every happiness, from the bottom of my heart. =)

And I'm so glad to know you... you've given me hope for the rest of your sex!

Hope I eventually find someone as nice. *sighs*

Anonymous said...

Some good things i wish have already been said.I wish you and her all the 'wonderful' of the world.

I am so glad I know you.So very glad.You were someone I respected for so many things and now I respect you more than ever.

Hope i do make it for the wedding!

Amul.

Channie Rulz said...

Amen....
:)